Starting next Sunday, May 29th, you can drop off food waste at our Zero Waste Station at the Beacon Farmer's Market.
How it works:
- Price per lb is $1.00
- Compost can be dropped off in either compostable BioBags or our 4-gallon square ZTG bucket, which you can purchase for $10. We suggest grabbing a bucket, as it will end up costing you less. We use one kind of bucket so we can streamline the weighing process.
- Our current compost customers average 5 lbs of compost weekly. Most households with 2-3 people use about 2-3 bags a week. Compostable BioBags can be purchased at the Beacon Natural Market in packs of 25 for $5.99. In the future, we will be selling bags at the Farmer's Market drop-off location.
Why we're adding this service:
- Drop off is an easier, cheaper alternative for some households.
- You don't have to be from Beacon!
- We accept cash or credit card.